Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, my ACC fan suddenly went onto full blast and could not be switched off. It also stopped blowing cold air at this point.
Thinking that it was the blower motor controller, I ordered a new transistor. It arrived today and I fitted it.
I now had a fan that I could turn off but still no cold air. A few hours later it gets stuck on full and cant be turned off!! (Why me?, Why?) So now, I’m back to square one. Grrr.
Is there anything that could be causing this? Dodgy relay etc?

Billy.

·
Registered
454 Posts
On the ACC panel press the top left and bottom right buttons simultaneously(you may have to press for 5 or more secs), it will then go it to a test mode and recalibrates itself, if it detects any faults it gives out codes in the temp section. It worked for me, it now blows hot and cold when it should.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried doing the recalibration thing, but it showed zero error codes and continues to blow.
One thing i did notice when it was working was that the ACC takes one or two seconds to start after switching on the ignition. But now its starts blowing the instant I switch the key.

I really hope I can fix it soon. Its 30 degrees out there and Im sticking to my leather seats.

Cheers, Billy.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Billy,
I am not sure which system you have,if its the ACC with the economy button,try going to economy and then see if you can slow the fan,if so I suspect your controller is Kaput,

Mike
Another thought,have you checked the cabin air sensor,on the dash by the seat buttons and the outside air sensor,behind the front bumper to the right looking at the front of the car?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mike, yes I definately have the ACC II system fitted.

Controller bust again? I only changed the transistor few hours before it packed up again.

How do i check check the cabin and outside air sensors? Can i test them with my multimeter? If so what am I looking for?

I will give the economy button a stab tomorrow, but im sure i've already tried that.

Billy.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
First check the cabin sensor is not bunged up with fluff etc; to do this take off the grill ,check the fan is turning ok.
The outside temp sensor has a habit of falling out of of its housing,it will be worth checking the pins are clean on the plug.
Have you checked the Quasimotors site or is it townsends? may be some further clues there.Sorry I can't help with the multimeter,I expect you can but I have no idea of readings etc,sorry.
Good luck
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.