Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my ac compressor clutch is not spinning. I can only think of it being down to wear since there are no more shims left to reduce the gap.
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a new clutch plate?

Steering:- on dry steering (where unavoidable!) I hear clicking and feel it in the steeering wheel. I have had a mechanic look over the car but he could not see anything obvious. There is no sound in driving full lock. Any ideas?. It only happens sometimes.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the ac.. is the clutch not engaging or is it locked all the time? if it is unlocked, then it may be that your AC system is low on gas and the reciever/dryer is not allowing the comprtessor to engage so as to not damage anything.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realised the lack of info I gave after I posted the last one...
It is a seiko seiki ac compressor on a 1996 cse.

The clutch was not engaging so I did the following:

1. Checked fuses - ok
2. Jumped the sockets where the relay is - no spinning of the compressor.
3. Jumped two wires beyond the headwall which i think are the refrigerant level control wires (as you suggest). No spinning of clutch.

4. I then applied 12v straight in to the AC compressor wire and noted a small movement of the clutch plate. But it still did not spin. (too much air gap/wear?).

5. I measured the voltage of the wire going in to the AC compressor and it was roughly 0.2-0.3volts - but funnilly with the AC set to cool or off. No conclusion here!!.

thanks again for any help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.