Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new set of continental tyres put on my 95 9000CD 2.0lpt. When I drove away from the garage, the ABS light came on after a couple of minutes. The discs and pads on the front are very worn down and grinding on breaking, it is booked into the dealer for these to be replaced on Monday. Could this be causing the light to come on or was there damage casued by the tyre fitters? I brought the car back to them and the light went of again for a couple of minutes but came back on after breaking? They checked that there was no damage to the abs sensors. There is no loss of breaking power.

Should I just wait until the the pads and discs are changed by the dealer and get him to check the fault?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
unlikely to be the pads/discs
very likely to be a sensor which could have been disturbed by mr tyre fitter
but I would guess that it might be an intermittent poor contact problem which has come to the fore..
tech 2 will tell you where the prob is
cleaning the contacts might make it go away...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had the same thing with by CSE when I had 4 Yokohamas fitted by an 'expert'. the ABS warning came on so I went to the dealer and guess what some idiot managed to knock off the NSF sensor altogether!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts