Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just picked up my new CS Carlsson today,and I noticed that while driving the ABS light comes on for a couple of seconds then disappears. Anyone knows what's happening?

Thanks

Harry

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention that the brake warning light lights up as well.I read in a service bulletin that this happens when the fluid level is low, but mine is ok. Is that a sensor problem?

Harry
1992 CS Carlsson

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Yes. If the sensor is only momentarily off line the ABS light will come on and go off again after a short period. If the fault condition remains for a longer period of time the ABS shuts down and the brake warning light comes on. When this is on you have NO ABS. Turning the key to the "START" position will reset it, the lockout will prevent the starter from operating while the engine is running.
Sounds like you have an intermittently open circuit wheel sensor, probably one of the fronts.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
As Derek says, front wheels most likely. The front nearside (kirbside) is the most common culprit, as this wheel receives the most abuse. If cleaning the ABS sensor doesn't prevent the fault occuring, a garage with suitable diagnostic equipment can interogate the ECU fault codes to determine which wheel sensor is causing the problem.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In my case an ABS light fault was due to a poor connection on the main valve. ABS fault diagnostics can be done with two wires and a switch. For details check out an excellent US site http://216.78.172.244/ for which I owe thanks to Paul D, thanks Paul. This site has real circuit diagrams unlike the Haynes manual "circuits" which have little infomation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.