Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the light in the dash that light's up when the abs doesn't work.
What fuse/relay (in the engine bay) can I remove (if any) to stop the light from coming on, and if doing so will the brakes still work!? (well somewhat)
As I have an mot tomorrow

·
Registered
411 Posts
Axl,
There is a box in the engine bay dedicated to the ABS system. It has two relays (Pump and Main) and three or four fuses. Removing any or all of them will NOT extinguish the ABS light. The light displays a fault in the circuits associated with the ABS system. Removing a component from the system will only add another fault to the one you already have. Your brakes WILL work fine without ABS, which is what the light is telling you. But, and it's a big but, the car is inherently less safe.
I have discussed this problem before, I found that the deteriorated leads from the front wheel sensors were the root cause of my problems, as well as accumulated dirt on the sensor faces. I have now discovered a fractured solder joint in the MAIN relay, that's for the weekend for fixing.
ANY garage doing MOTs will know for sure that your car has ABS. If the check light doesn't go on with the ignition then you have an MOT failure. No question.
Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the car wentfor it's mot this morning and failed .

But!!, despite the problems with this abs light, plus this carry on with light's and the engine cutting (which it hasn't done since reconnecting the wire's at the battery).

It failed on two front tyre's and an off side repeater bulb!.
So my (birth) mum is well chuffed (it's really her car).

So I'll be taking it for tyre's tomorrow and putting six months tax on it, and guess what now!

She wants to sell it!!!!!!!

AAAAARRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH

Honest to god!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.