Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a abs warning light come on so i had all the brake pads changed and i brake ass changed as it was sticking very bad but the abs warning light is coming onafter a few miles the brake ass was changed 3 time befor abs light went off on the dia test code c0045 speed sencer r/l wheel o/c ,does this have to be reset or what can it be help required please

·
Registered
118 Posts
OK before spending any more money if you can;
Jack up the rear and put on axle stands
Remove the wheels
locate the abs wiring loom that runs from the sensor and it then zip tied at various points across the chassis between the rear wheels and expose the abs wires (brown iirc).
If you have a multimeter you can test the continuity between the abs sensor connector and the connector in a junction box that is somewhere around the o/s/r wheel.

You may find at various point, usually close to where it is pinched by the zip ties that the wire is cracked/broken/corroded. Renew any damaged parts of the wire using soldering iron and heat shrink.

I had this on mine. I found a break and repaired that and all was good for a week. Got another light and went back and found 2 more damaged points so i ran a load of new wire that isn't old and stiff.

If you can't do this yourself it should only take a mechanic an hour to do esp if he/she has a lift.

EDIT Just looked at the link Lizzard posted and that details exactly what I was talking about.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
If yas outta cash & have no mechanical skilss yas sunk

What are you able to do dude ? ......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts