Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just for reference - i cant find this anywhere else and it could help someone out sometime without having to visit saab apologies if im repeating someone.
abs diagnosis for early shape 9000's.
1) switch off ignition.
2) bridge two pin connector (blue / black wires) hidden under aquarium lid, using a handy piece of wire and two connectors with their edges cut down to fit the little socket.
3) turn on ignition.
4) remove bridge wire.
5) read fault code via abs lamp flashes.
6) repeat to confirm code.

note: rear abs has two wheel sensors but only shared inlet/outlet valves.

codes as follows:
1111 ecu fault / 1112 SV (solenoid valve) inlet LH front / 1114 SV inlet RH front / 1122 SV inlet Rear / 1132 SV outlet LH front / 1134 SV outlet RH front / 1142 SV outlet Rear / 1222 master cylinder valve / 1233 LF wheel sensor / 1241 RF wheel sensor / 1243 RR wheel sensor / 1311 LR wheel sensor / 1312 pressure switch- fluid level switch / 4444 no fault found

hope this helps someone

·
Registered
623 Posts
Very well done

I just have to point out that this won't work with the first versions of ABS, which should be '88 in US and european '87 MY.

This is what I read somewhere when I was trying to troubleshoot my ABS (I have a '87), that the ECUs of the first year had no chance to store codes.... While thinking of it, there was a way to pull codes but with ignition on, and only if the ABS light is on. Sorry I can't be more specific.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.