Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've read all i can and am now confused and panic struck after reading 'stevena's experience..
91'H 2.3fpt auto, abs light came on while not braking and stayed on every time car is run since (6days ago). all appears well in the wheel sensor dept, and have performed the following check from the autodata program on garage pc..
bridge 2pin diagnosis socket (repeated five times), getting code 1222 - apparently master cylinder valve. then i unplugged ecu (ign off!) and read 5.3ohms across pin18 and earth. (accepted range is supposedly between 2 and 5 ohms) this aparently indicated a master cylinder valve fault. i would have expected a short 0ohms or break of continuity as a fault, but 5.3ohms seems too close!
could it be a faulty ecu 'lying' that 5.3ohms is a fault, or do i need an entire valve block/pump?
any help VERY gratefully received

having read stevena's experience im not sure which way to go with this!
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
..following on from others experience, is there anyone with a 2.3fpt (or did all '91 9000's have the same abs system?) in somerset/dorset/bristol that would be happy to do a 5minute abs ecu swap to prove my devious fault?
thanks in advance for any words of wisdom

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I can't help much with the fault diagnosis but can tell you that it notoriusly difficult to read low ohms accurately. Short the leads of your meter together and see what it reads, I'll bet that it's at least 0.5?. So your 5.3? could indeed be within spec.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice - problem solved
after more swearing and further WD40 the master valve connection end to the ecu loom came down to 3ohms.. and the abs came back to life

a 12year old ecu telling the truth! whatever next?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts