Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be a meeting at TFatC's place, about 20 miles south of Aberdeen over the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd January. You are most welcome to come along for a day, the weekend or as long as you like! I can provide floor space, camping space or check out local B&Bs as you wish. Please let me know accomodation requirements and I will see what I can do. If you want to fly/train/ or even bus
up here, I will arrange collection and delivery of people!

The theme is dismantling a load of c900s, (carb, injection and Turbo) and a 9000 2.0T, half the money raised will go to the "Babe Appeal" of Saab Trek fame.

I will provide breakfast etc, and have a LARGE collection of malt which participants will be welcome to sample. 8) The more the merrier, cheap parts, good company and a good cause. I have arranged a couple of Land Rover Hybrids to get up and down the track in case of snow, a hydraulic lifter for removing engines, and whatever else will be needed. We will also be able to work inside in case of bad weather as I will clear a space in my shed! So, who is coming along?

1. TFatC (obviously!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by black&whitesaab:
[qb]1. TFatC (obviously!)
2. Mr & Mrs Microcat36
3. Jim
4. Martin
5. Twisty
6. Balbridie

easy put right      [/qb][/b]
Thanks for that. What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
To add your name to a list, it's easier to copy and paste the previous post, rather than use the quote function and then edit out the quote parts .

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everybody who has expressed an interest in attending should have had a PM from me with directions. If not, please let me know. Anybody else who wants to attend please let me know and I will send details, either pm me or post here.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
TFatC

Sounds like it's going to be a great weekend. Many thanks for your input to Saab Trek and wishing you all a dry, sunny and skinned knuckle free weekend.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had a couple of enquiries (well my brother did when at my place as I am still in Norway) regarding a possible contradiction when putting my post code into Satnavs. Apparently this will come up with the name "Chapelton" but this is OK as that is the farm at the top of my track!

I have printed out a load of signs to put up Thursday evening so look out for them once you get past Laurencekirk or approach Stonehaven. I have put on them "Saab Charity Weekend" in the vain hope that the brain dead yoof of today might leave them alone and not rip them down

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
great day...
all the usual suspects were there and a few more

It was good to meet up
unfortunately I had to shoot off early
(my liver says thanks !!)
here is a teaser of what it was like
27 turned up !!

many thanks to nick who was the perfect host and I hope we collected buckets of cash..
There was plenty of spares
I for one could not believe the quality of the cars being broken ...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Many, many thanks to all who came from far and near! Don't know about everyone else but I had a great time. Total raised for the "Babe Appeal" aka Saab Trek was a massive £363.50

More when I have finished tidying up and recovered (the cars are off the lawn again now ) Total of 28 registered users, plus assorted passengers attended the weekend! Possibly one of the largest meets ever, and in January in Aberdeen. Excellent!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
A massive vote of thanks to Nick for such a great event, the perfect host, 10/10 mate .

It was great to see everyone again and nice to meet so many new faces, I have never seen so many Saabs in one place before, and boy were there some nice looking cars there, so many different Carlssons to see.

Everywhere you went it was a case of “wonder what that is "or “I’ve not seen one of these in years" ; it was like being in a candy shop .

Hope everyone got out of the track all right, as I managed to rip the wires of one of the lambda sensors and had to make a new wire up last night for it, limp home mode on the 3.0 V6 = 10 mpg .

We hope to see everyone again at the next meet, and that everyone got home safely, will post some pictures now and some later on, once I have finished resizing them.

Colin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts