Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted Abbott springs (green ones)on the front of the Aero - the only problem is that although the spring is physically much shorter than the Aero spring, the car is riding slightly higher than before...
Do they take a few weeks/miles to settle to the correct height? Anyone experienced the same?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yes they do settle and in my oppinion to much some times.The springs should be pre-stressed before,so you get the actual desired lowered hieght.This could be acheived by using a hydraulic press with a greater weight than the car,to speed up the process

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Mine settled over a few thousand miles, but they were still lower than standard to start with. I was promised 10-15mm lower than standard 9000 Aero springs. I got that straight away. They're now nearer 35mm lower, although the ride height is still even all round.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm - OK, so it looks like they will settle down eventually and I wonder if they (abbott) have changed the spec a little so that they sink to the 'correct' height by starting out a little higher. Looking at it this morning I could swear they have settled a little more again and are now at the same height as the original springs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I know my car (1995 9000 cse) sits lower than an standard aero cause its a swine to get a jack under the front of the car.

When I have adjusted my suspension it certainly seems to settle after a while, so I would give it time, have just added a strut brace to mine, that made a hugh difference, seemed to finish off the suspension.

Cheers Dulux

1 - 6 of 6 Posts