Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Not sure if it will work (but don't know enough on T7 or 9-3LPTs to say for sure). But if it is a goer have a look at the Forge website and compare their price to Abbott's. Abbott source kit from Forge and while I'm not saying this definitely is the same bit of kit, have a look and make your own mind up...
Forge

Abbott

Of course if you're paying the Abbott price then I'd expect them to be able to tell you whether it will work and talk you through fitting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i was gonna make a new post but figured i'd save space. can someone give me a short explamation as to what an MBC does and how it increases performance? thanks

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi, once apon a time my Saab was broken now its fixed, I want one of these, 'BUT' will it fit a 9000 CS Auto, 1997 DI type of SAAB ?
because some say Yes and some say NO (sic) (Help)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by XAAMOTTOMAAX:
[qb]It seems the SMBC is only common in the states? [/qb][/b]
Maybe it's because re-programmed ECU's are easier to get in Europe or it's because we like to let Trionic do the job it's supposed to do

·
Registered
115 Posts
ECU's and stage kits are just as easy to get in the states as they are in Europe. We just pay more (good thing we make more money over here . And if you want to let Trionic slow down your turbo spool up when you first hit the throttle, because that is a "job" it performs, more power to you. I would rather force my turbo to spool quickly but still let Trionic manage max. pressure.

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is no change in maximum torque or boost pressure with the SMBC. You're right about the auto, but I have spotted a 2001 Aero 5 speed for sale locally. Stand by...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts