Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hurried home as parcel had arrived from abbotts, poly bush as requested, however on examination the abbott 1 looks different from present fitted, 1 side is flanged both in poly and also the centre stainless steel bolt hole, can anyone tell me which way around the flanged side should face ???

TIA Haggag01

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well mount fitted, gearchange more precise, but !! noise still there when accel from low revs, meeting up wth ylee and gordy soon hopefully they might be able to help. Lastly final gripe abbott charge £3.50 carriage, yet stamps only add up to £1.60 ????????

·
Registered
547 Posts
Haggag,

You'll have to rely on Ylee, I don't know the first thing about the technical side of owning a Saab. I know the bit in the front of the car opens up but it just full of pipes and metal bits and stuff. God knows what it all does.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Lastly final gripe abbott charge £3.50 carriage, yet stamps only add up to £1.60 ????????  [/b]
Like Neil says don't forget the box it comes in, also the labour cost of packing it... the cost of getting it to the post office... and the fact that even stamps become VATable if you lick them and stick them on an envelope (you've added value I believe)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay you have 1 me over with the carriage charges, ylee the job can be comfortably done between 1- 1.5 hrs
tools:
8mm spanner
10mm spanner
12mm spanner
16mm spanner
16mm socket
1 jack
axle stands
plus-gas
bit 4 x 2 wood

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Haggag01:
[qb]Warning big increase in vibration when idiling, can't have it always, tp engine mounts next month    [/qb][/b]
I think you can expect a bit more vibration with poly top mounts too. My car was fairly quiet, even with the poly gearbox mount, until I replaced the last remeining rubber top mount with poly. Now I get vibration at idle and the exhaust is definitely louder inside the car - the sound MarkA coveted while watching my trackday video.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
ive just done the last top mount (the back one )
took a bit of pushing in (oooeeerr)I also had to relieve the lip some what so it would locate properly
I will be doing the gearbox one soon It looks quite straightforward..mine has already started to crack up

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by ylee coyote:
[qb]It looks as if it can be done from the engine compartment..[/qb][/b]
Abbott did mine when they did the gearbox. However, I've heard that from within the engine compartment, it is hard to get much swing on a spanner on the mounting bolt. However, I'd have thought a ratchet-spanner might be just the ticket.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I took the one out of the carly and back in again in about 1.5 hrs (and that included a good half hour of sawing). The sawn up one is back in again (it's a story). I'm not sure which forum the pics are in (possibly the staffroom...)

Anyway, there is loads and loads of room if you remove the front half of the plastic wheel liner!

Andew

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ylee it could be done from inside, but for an extra 20mins to take off the left inner arch liner is worth it, the hardest bit is the bottom bolt of the bracket, but a 12mm ratch spanner would make it P.O.P...
Has Gordy decided on a date yet ???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.