Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had this fitted and felt that they got harshness coming through to the cabin? Abbott reckoned it didn't add harshness, but I had one fitted last week with the LSD and I think they're telling porkies!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had work done on my gearbox with the engine totally removed,I was advised against poly bushes for both the gearbox and engine mounts.As the dealer fits and recomends Abbotts gear and has not fitted the above to his own car,Im willing to accept his judgment.I say this because I found his knowledge to be right in the past.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I changed mine last after the top mounts were done in poly and now at tickover I have vibration in the cabin as I expected. I can live with it though.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Like Mark, I put the gearbox bush in after the top engine mounts (they made a big difference) and there was a small increase in NVH, mainly at idle.

I think that differing reports may in part be down to the state of wear of the hyrdraulic engine mounts- I reckon thier performance deteriorates before they split/fail totally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts