Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just been offered a full abbott sports exhaust system 2.5 inch i think for £100 and yes the guy has now become a friend for life at that price my question is what kind of a difference will this make to my car performance wise cheers folks

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
None whatsoever! Now be a good chap and pass it along here!

Seriously, it will obviously add a nice burble to the exhaust and allow the engine to breathe more easily, extra top end is the most likley outcome, but without the vast extra urge at the bottom end that an ECU change will create. Say 10-15 bhp more if you don't chip it as well, but this is a guess rather than accurate figures. I know that Abbott quote so many bhp per section but I think if you add all their bits together they're being optomistic.

Nick.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
The main performance difference is the downpipe. A larger downpipe aids exhaust gas expansion on exiting the turbo and helps lower EGTs and reduce spool up time. However at Stage 3 level the difference is minimal. If you were really bothered, then you could use a JT downpipe and couple it to the Abbott system- this is the set up I use for 300hp+

1 - 3 of 3 Posts