Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the full abbott exhaust fitted to my 97 MY 9000, downpipes, no cat, through to the back box, or so I thought.

I was having some new wheels fitted at the weekend and the guy fitting the wheels said to me, why didnt you get the whole system fitted to your car !, I replied, I did, well at least I thought I did....

It appears the straight section from the down pipe to the centre box join is the original exhuast.......which seemed very odd....

When speaking to abbott they inform me they do not supply this part to match the rest of the system, they could supply it in stainless, but, if they did it would only be the same bore as is currently fitted....to me this seems very odd, can anyone else confirm this to be the case too ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well I thought I had the whole system as well on my 97 Aero. I'll have to check and see what's actually there.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did also mention that they thought this section did not degrade the performance, nor would matching the rest of the systems bore (if it were possible) offer any increase

1 - 3 of 3 Posts