Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Re: A pic of the £250 9000 Carlsson!!

AAAAAAARGH!!!

Just looked at some Saabs here in the Netherlands - might want to replace my daily Citroën ZX with something that runs on LPG gas somewhere in the near future. The bottom line: anything Saabish under 4,000 euro gets you in banger territory - and in the UK the bl**dy things virtually get given away! I paid around 700 GBP for an '86 900T8 2-door (the Silver Arrow) with extensive fender damage (which cost me another GBP 500 on top to repair, only to have a disintegrating tyre ruin the same side again 2 months later), some minor cosmetic issues and a rusty bootlid. It was the only acceptable deal I could get at the time. Life's not fair...

Oh allright, hope the Carly does well for you

Happy Saabing,
Eric

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Jay-sus. That looks fantastic, it's more or less the same as the one I got rid of in May. The alloys look very clean, were they refurbed before you got it??? If so the guy is incredibly generous, I feel like a con-man selling mine for £600!!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts

This just goes to show that there are bargains around! (Not that I've ever seen any of the bugg3rs!)

Bet you wouldn't get a 900 Carlsson for that. 10x and you may be about right

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Here's the breakdown of what its cost so far:-
Original purchase price £250 including 6 months tax worth £90!, so say the car cost £160!, two brand new headlights £100, leather interior £100, new timing chain, thermostat and anti-freeze £200,the stereo and mahogany dash that i found £60,secondhand DI casette and a few bits and pieces £30, brand new Bosch fuel pump (precautionary as the old one was very noisy)£100 and two new Continental Contact Sport tyres £150, so i make that £900 not including the car tax which lets face it you never really get on any car under £500.
For that money he's got a car thats fast,reliable and fairly rare, its everything he wanted big and with 5 doors.
Me- i just get to play around with another Saab!! much to my missus disgust!

Pete.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

P.s anyone know where i can get hold of a Carlsson twin pipe rear box for it? i tried two-stroke but they say they've all rotted away by now .
Any ideas or am i going to have to get one made up?

Pete.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts

Abbott's do them but at about £320
I doubt that'll be a go-er.

I'm sure peeps on the list have had complete systems made up for less than that and are very happy with the results.

Some more info on This thread

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.