Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to report back from Anglesey TD04. It was a good start to the weekend with some familiar faces and banter exchanged and enjoyed by most.

Some wonderful cars with some big outputs could be seen chasing grip around the circuit.

At this point I must apologise for my quick exit at the end of the day

I had planned on boozing/BBQin, saturdays karting and anyhting else going (he he) but toying with Tandino for the last session left me with no gearbox! Well thats not true I had third and fourth, oh and reverse! Yes that second gear hairpin was harsh on shift downs, and the last but one lap left with a box full of neutrals, a locked up back end and me selecting second from fourth. Anyhow, somethings bent and bust so the car is VOR.

I decided to go home . Another bad decision. The AA acknowledged my predicament by sending the only guy willing to drive me all the way back on a friday evening. He was self confessed to be over 75 and I was 5hitt ing myself all the way home. It took him five hours to get me back to the midlands. Knackered with torn nerves and brakelights at the front of my mind I eventually got to sleep at three AM. By contrast I expect Pete Tandino and John Williams were returning from the bar

Still it was a good day and interesting. A spin and a bump punctuated the consistant laps from some drivers (Im not gonna tell em anything Nev) and offcourse a big thanks to Pete " You need an instructor lad" Tandino for showing me the alternative approach to piloting around the course, namely sideways Excellent, and what a car, the HUNT meister.

Ill post pics when ive figured out how to downsize em.

All the best guys

Ross

PS- A big well done to MArk E, Andrew and the other organisers for a great day

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Appolagies to Tijn and his lady for nearly running you over friday eveinig. I had to pull out in third gear there so needed the speed to get out the circuit. Didnt mean to spray up all those stones/ dust over your campsite folks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I dont know about that. I have however secured another car for not a lot of dosh. Ive picked up a 91 H plate 9000 S turbo for 500 quid. Its a good old 5dr with leather and the toys. In ringing my local Master Tecy about the gearbox he told me he was selling his old millenium falcon. I need something for a few trips coming up so there we go. as for the box, well im waiting back on some info, then ill have a look at stripping it down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Appolagies to Tijn and his lady for nearly running you over friday eveinig. I had to pull out in third gear there so needed the speed to get out the circuit. Didnt mean to spray up all those stones/ dust over your campsite folks  [/b]
We hardly noticed any stones when returning from the bar
Sorry to hear your box has gone, hope you'll get it fixed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts