Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend is asking a few questions I just can't answer, could you chaps give us a hand?

1. When did the CD get the later type (CS) nose treatment?
2. What in particular do you get in terms of spec on a Griffin?
3. Was the Griffin only availible as a CD?
4. What type of seats were fitted to the Griffins? Were they any different to the CDE?
5. Was the Anniversery 9000 availible as a CD?

No conferring now at the back!!

Cheers in anticipation.

Nick.

PS. Next weeks topic - engine specs.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Tentative answers here...

1. When did the CD get the later type (CS) nose treatment?
2. What in particular do you get in terms of spec on a Griffin?
3. Was the Griffin only availible as a CD?
4. What type of seats were fitted to the Griffins? Were they any different to the CDE?
5. Was the Anniversery 9000 availible as a CD?[/b]
1. 1996?
2. Middle ones had 3.0l v6, all were spattered with the option book
3. Yes (apart from the 9-5 one)
4. Just CDE seats but both electric with 3 memeory
5. No

Andrew

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I wonder how many different answers we'll get to this one...
I'll 'av a go.....
1)I would guess the same time as the CS body changed...can't see them producing 2 different shells down the same production line...??
2)Everything.....the whole shooting match...lecky seats, lecky sunroof, full walnut, cruise, etc.,etc.
3)Yes I believe so
4)As per standard CDE
5)No I don't think so.

Almost got full anorak status now.....

·
Registered
945 Posts
1. 1995 (some late M platers and all N plates had the reshaped front)

2. Everything Saab ever placed (specification wise) on the 9000 except I can only speak for the one I have got which (well, my missus) which hasn't got a lockable arm rest compartment! I think though maybe that this was only fitted to models from about '94 with the newer type leccy window buttons and also the face off type Saab stereo as well, and mine's an early '93 without either. Even the Passenger Seat has got a memory function which most other Saab's never had....although being Saab it was a little inconsistent as I have seen Aero's with it, and without it! Oh and it was standard Automatic Box too....no manual option, and it

3. Yes no Griffin hatchback on the english market anyway.

4. Seats were half leather half suede. Different to most CDE's which were just leather (in my opinion nicer than the hald suede, but there you go).

5. 99% certain all Anniversary 9000's were CS hatchbacks.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I can have a go at:

1. 1995. The front grille on the '95-on CD is the same part number as the CS. Up to '94 it was different (aeropilot, I was very surprised the day I turned up to test-drive a '94 CD and found it had the old-shape front).

2. (from the 1997 9000 brochure):
Saab 9000 CS/CD models
ABS anti lock braking system, power steering, drivers airbag, passenger’s airbag, automatic front seatbelt tensioners, headlamp wash /wipe, colour keyed bumpers, 2-tone luxury velour upholstery, heated Front seats, Four head restraints, illuminated dual vanity mirrors, ventilation air filter, electrically operated windows, electrically operated/heated mirrors, central locking, tinted heat absorbing glass, EDU instrument (outside temp, fuel consumption etc)1 tachometer, radio cassette, front and rear speakers with electric aerial.

Saab 9000 CSE/CDE models
Equipment in addition to CS/CD: light alloy wheels, front fog lamps, leather faced seats, leather trimmed steering wheel, leather gear lever knob and gaiter (manual only), ,Automatic Climate Control .ACC, Saab Audio System, walnut veneer facia, anti-theft alarm.

Saab 9000 Griffin
Equipment in addition to CDE. 2.3 turbo engine, automatic 4.speed transmission, interior details in walnut veneer, electrically adjustable front seats with memory on drivers side, CD player, Cruise control, electric glass sunroof.[/b]
I know some Griffins had the V6 engine, but I don't believe this had been dropped by '97.

5. No. All anniversary models were hatchbacks.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Found more Griffin specs ('95):

3.0 V6, auto transmission (manual optional).

Started to list the other options, then realised it had all other options available except that where options conflicted, it had the higher option (ACC rather than AC, Saab audio system rather than radio/cassette). And it didn't have a rear wash/wipe as it was a saloon.

I believe '95 was the last year the V6 was available in the 9000.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Yes, Nick, I'll be there- hopefully with a very on form Bubbles (I definitely wouldn't recommend ride in the back this time!! ). New ECU, new brakes... (just bedded in )

I've also just finished my EWP installation this evening, and it really does keep the temperature down (OK it's cold I know, but I've noticed less rise when I boot it).

I just need to check/adjust base boost on Friday evening, then I'll have it down for the PE rolling road session on Saturday. My prediction is that it won't be that impressive below 3000rpm, but above 3500, it's hold on to your hats!

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Bill,
Yup, I agree, found a few ads for '94 Griffins with old style fronts, so definately from MY95 onwards.
Mastodont....Griffin was 'CD' body only spec for UK markets.

That's my anorak status confirmed...

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
What's anorak btw?  [/b]
Well an anorak is a form of overcoat, typically worn by trainspotters and other people with obsessive compulsive disorders. Used in the context above it's basically making fun of someone who knows too much about something which really has no importance in the real world.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Probably what they call a kagoul these days. Except that an anorak is almost always a faded greeny-brown colour.

Now then.... who's going to be brave enough to try and explain what a trainspotter is to someone who is not British?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.