Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I open the boot on my CSE water runs off the left and right sides dripping in to the car, just behind the speakers.

There does not appear to be any way to stop it other than wipe off the boot before you open it. Now I know it has been said Saabs are quirky, but is this going a little too far?

Any advice/help please as I need something to potter with over this Christmas.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The answer is to open the hatch when it's dry, or keep two towels to catch the drips, not forgetting to replace them every time they get wet!

Also very important is to make sure the gutter is clear all round - including round that daft bundle of cables at the top!

Harry

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I've found the trick is to open the hatch quickly then stop abruptly about a third open, for a brief pause, then slowly open the rest of the way to the top.
I had noticed that the water drips inside onto the speakers only at the last third or so of opening, so by lifting it quickly with a brief pause, the majority of the water runs off the hatch over the side and into the gutter and only a few drips make it inside.

Works for me anyway.....

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've been doing much the same except I open it slowly for the first third and then pause. The pause at 1/3 open is the important bit as it allows the water to drain away. I'll try opening it quickly and see if there is an inprovement,

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I always found I got a soaking through the open drivers window if I drove off after it had been raining and took a left hand bend - I always forgot to leave the window shut until after that first bend........ and yes my 9000 used to dump water in the boot when the hatch was opened - design fault? - ah well can't have everything

·
Registered
552 Posts
This is off the 9-5 site:
Mine doesn't open unless you lift it. I do wish the struts were a little stronger though, as when there is rain standing on the bootlid, unless you lift the lid absolutely as fast as possible, you get rainwater in the boot.[/b]
Anyone tried a 9-3 Sports Saloon yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts