Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a 1992 Aero advertised, the seller is adamant it is an aero but i thought aeros only started from 1993.
I owned a 1993 aero and thought it was one of the first.
seller says he's only selling to buy another aero (newer) so seems to know saabs????????

Has anyone here ever came across a 1992 Aero?

I'm awaiting photos by email to look for bodykit and sports seats but thought i'd ask here meantime.

i've a feeling its gonna be a cs carlsson but its a good price so maybe anyway......

Davy

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I'd tend to agree with you there, although I suppose it might be possible that it as '92 registered as Aeros were introduced in MY93.

Anyway on a practical basis, if you're interested in an Aero, try to get an MY94 onwards. MY93 was a unique year and spares etc are difficult.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mark,
It's not that i'm desperate to buy an Aero, it's the price thats appealing £1695ovno

I know 94> are better but i wouldnt be modifying so year is ok.

it would just be ace to get my hands on an aero in my budget!

davy

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I wouldn't have thought it were an Aero if 1992.

The 1993 Aero was a mid year model change, about April / May 1993....

In America the Carly equiv was called Aero.

I've seen one recently too called an Aero as a MY 92, it wasn't even a Carly, just a 2.3 Turbo...

Andrew.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys,

BIG Surprise

It's definitely an AERO!!!

I got the pictures and have had a lengthy chat with the seller.
Car was registered november 1992, seemingly it is possibly the first rhd Aero registered in u.k.
it was a special order demo car for westcars glasgow.
it has every extra including metal sunroof and is in white, which i think is unusual? (i've never seen another aero in white)
Anyway, the cars done 123k with fssh, but seller admits it needs a bit of tlc and has a few faults e.g. faulty climate control (fan?) rear heated window not working due to broken connection on side of screen, needs 2 tyres, no tax but MOT till aug.and it needs a good clean/polish.
he bought the car 2 years ago and has done 37k in it during which it has had new chain+tensioners and pulleys.it has also had turbo recon by turbo technics.
So sounds ok if i can buy for the right money, he says make a reasonable offer and take it away as he needs the space, so i'll be going to see it at start of next week, wish me luck + keep your fingers crossed for me!

vroom vroom an aero

whoops sorry i'm dribbling again!

Davy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope its K980 NSP anyone know it?

It was westcars demo car then owned by the m.d.
then sold to someone from Paisley who traded it back in to westcars, then their accountant bought it, then it was sold to current owner.

Davy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.