Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, is anyone up for a local meet around the Bucks/Berks/Herts/Surrey area?

I can't wait till June for the next one and was wondering if anyone is interested in a mini meet in the mean time.

The Crows nest in Tring was a good venue.

Come on people I know you want to

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Seems reasonable enough. Tring was not bad at all. Mind you, I was going to suggest a lunch meet at the local Oriental City up the road from me for those that like oriental style food(Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, Indonesian, Japanese etc. etc...). Roughly 2000 dishes to choose from
, with loads of restaurants under one roof. But nowhere to "test" out the cars .

Anyhow, let's make a start for a mini meet in perhaps April?
1. Kang
2. StanleyB
3. ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm nearly comming up to my first 12 months of 9-5 ownership so it's about time I got along to a meet !

1. Kang
2. StanleyB
3. SimonD

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Decide when and where and I'll come if I can

Don't forget that there's already a meet on 18th April. The Tamworth one, so best to avoid that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi people I'm sorry left the post for a while been busy buying a new car and what not.

If anyone is interested in meeting at the end of April or the weekend of May the 1st.

At either the Crows nest in Tring, Haymill Saab in Slough, Hirsch in Reading or anywhere else anybody can think of locally then I am up for it.

Suggestions please.

All the best.

Paul.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
If the meeting is not too far and I'm free, then I'll try to get there.

I suggest that you fix a time and place so that people know what's definite. Probably best if you avoid the other dates by a week or two at least. (Tamworth 18/4/04 and Hants 6/6/04).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi people I have set a date for a local meet at the Crows Nest in Tring for Sunday May the 2nd at 1:00pm if this date is not suitable for people please let me know.

1. Kang
2. StanleyB
3. SimonD

Come on people bring out your Saab

Crows Nest
Tring Hill
Tring
Hertfordshire
HP23 4LD

Tel: 01442 824819

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It looks like I am going to be negotiating those Brighton hills that weekend as per instructions from 'er indoors. Would the weekend after be too much problems instead? Got my cousin on holliday from Spain then. I am sure he wouldn't mind getting bored looking at the scenery, whilst we look at SAABs .

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello,

As people may not be around on the 2nd of May
how does Sunday the 7th of May sound at
The Crows nest Pub in Tring.

Come on people there was a good turn out last time.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Sorry, won't be able to make it, I'll have been away for a week and therefore too much to do when I get back, I'm afraid.

Keith

·
Registered
329 Posts
Count me in for a Tring on the 9th. Haven't had funds available to do anything fancy to my baby since the last one (apart from adding cruise control!) but would be up for coming and checking out "the scenery!" :)

Seeya, Jules

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sunday 9th May 12:00 midday prompt for food.

1. Kang
2. StanleyB
3. SimonD

Crows Nest
Tring Hill
Tring
Hertfordshire
HP23 4LD

Tel: 01442 824819

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
When looking at the maps above you should note that the dual carriageway continues beyond the junction towards the north-west now. The roundabout is above the main road rather than at the end of it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Two of my engineering mates at Two Stroke have agreed to also show up if they can find the venue
. They did most of the work on my car, and look forward to exchange knowledge on any thing SAAB. So I'll stick them on the list.

1. Kang
2. StanleyB
3. SimonD
4. TW (prob. not before 1.30 though)
5. Slidejules (not for lunch tho'!)
6. Andy
7. Ian
8. Dave_A

1 - 20 of 35 Posts