Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello There,

Is there by any change somebody who has a 9000 lpt auto. maptun stage 1, with some figures about acceleration and topspeed?

Thanks,

Aeromania

·
Registered
249 Posts
268bhp, 302lbs/ft

aero stage 3 Maptun with full JT (sport cat)

bit lower than quoted, but had a faulty DI

·
Registered
249 Posts
Problems with holding boost, thought it was the actuator but it was put down to the DI. The car seemed to be hesitating when boosting and pulling back. After replacing it with the new spare one it's boosting much better now

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Power Engineering - 290bhp/290lb, though not on a properly adapted DI.

Emerald - 272bhp, 305lb. BUT, the test nipple blew off and bled boost, so the bhp reading is under. I expect it to have been 280bhp give or take.

Emerald is known to be an accurate, if slightly conservative RR.

Jez

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I should add that mine is a Speedparts s3 with the sports cat and an unmodified airbox, running on Optimax (usually!).

I don't think that RR's always give a true picture of power outputs, especially of turbos as indution and cooling effects of the open road are not always well translated.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks - that's great. Seems pretty much bang on spec (283) and with de-cat and modified airbox I might be up to around 290 (on a cold day!)
I keep planning to rolling road it but there always seems to be another toy to add before I do - I should bite the bullet and give it a run to make sure all is well (feels well!)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Damn, this is really tempting me to spend the "kitchen" money on something Maptun related.

Can I blame this on you guys?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was going to get the drive block paved, but what with oil changes and all that, I'd only mess it up...........So I'll have to have a stage 4 instead then, wahey!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Don't know about stage 4, but the stage 3 made a big difference to what was already a very rapid car. Turbo lag is fine & the whole engine really does feel as if it is breathing better.

De-cat and modified airbox don't make that much difference to outputs. Remember, it will make more noise which could be annoying if you are using it as a daily driver.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was thinking about de-catting my car but am a bit reluctant as I live in London and knowing my luck would drive right into a spot emissions check
(if they do them anymore).
Do you run the car without the CAT JezmondTutu?

I have modified the air box and the car is only nosier when lifting off full throttle.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
No, standard JT sports cat. I don't think it would make that much difference to output & I don't have the hassle of re-fitting for MOTs or the real issue of being busted by Vehicle Inspectorate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts