Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ... just bought a new car this evening (stupidly excited ... pick it up Saturday ... will put a pic up in the gallery forum), and was wondering if anyone would have any recommendations for what suspension I could put on it, as the only complaint I have at all is that it's a little wallowy in the corners.

I've seen a few names floating around - Eibach, Hirsch, Abbott Racing, Two Stroke to Turbo, amongst others - but I don't know if there's any kind of consensus on what's a good choice?

I'm looking for something that's reasonably sporty, while still being relatively comfortable in town and on the motorway. I realise that that's the ultimate nirvana to have a perfect balance, but at the moment the suspension feels like it's all comfort and no sport!! I guess if there was a rating of 1 to 10, with comfort being 1 and sport 10 I'm looking for a 6/7 level of stiffness with the current standard 9-5 being rated at about 3.

All help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean these springs and these dampers?

Any idea the sort of time it would take to fit? I'd probably use CGS (think that's their name) to do it if I was going to, as they're linked to the dealer I bought from (Just Saab) and I've heard nice things about them.

Also - and please excuse my ignorance here - is there any point getting new bushes as well? I'm afraid I'm a little unclear as to either what they do or how the improve the handling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts