Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunatly i put the wrong code into my stereo the other day after disconnecting the battery, for some reason its not asking for the code now, seems to have power but nothing works
i have searched previous post, the only thing that i could gather was that it could depend on how many times i entered the wrong code, ie the more i enter the wrong code the longer the stereo will wait to ask for the code again but i only put the wrong code in twice and its been 3 days and still there is no "enter code" from the stereo, this info was from the 9-3 forum, is the 9000 the same? any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Check the handbook. IIRC there is a key press combination to 'reset' the stereo so the correct code can be entered. I need to check myself as my stereo does not accept codes since I too had the battery off for a head gasket replacement.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i haven't a handbook for my current aero although i have one for my old 9000, it reads that after 1 hour the stereo should ask for the code again but mine is not! stange one i must say, maybe the old 1990 handbook is different, if another kind aero owner with a handbook could be good enough to have a look and let me know, i would very much appreciate it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by happypig:
[qb]I think you need to have it switched on for an hour, then you can put the correct code in.
If you switch off stereo/ignition, the hour starts again when you turn it on. [/qb][/b]
happypig is right on this one, the ignition needs to be on for a full 1 hour for you to be able to be given more attempts.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I don't know this car or the audio system you have, but some codes keep doubling the time you need to have the power onto the radio each time you enter a wrong number.

I had this system on a Rover, but it started at a minute and then went 2 mins, 4 mins, 8 mins, etc. after each wrong attempt. If you are not careful this can add up to a very long time

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks very much Adrian, pushed the band button for 3 seconds and yep my sounds are back

Maybe youe local saab dealership could get you the code for your stereo, if its the original saab radio then the code should be on the saab computer, good luck and thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.