Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried 225-50-16 tires on stock 96 Aero rims(6.5")?
Also anyone have advice on good ultra high performance all season tires? Currently considering Michelin pilot sport A/S, Continental extremecontact and Yokohama AVS dB S2.
Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene

Have a look at BillJ's Saab 9000 site. He has some tyre reviews on there.
Tyre Reviews .

I see you have also posted this comment in the Saab Performance section. That section is really for recommending garages and services. I will delete your post from there to avoid confusion. Additionally, double posts are not allowed on Saabscene as it splits the replies and takes up bandwidth.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I'm pretty sure that 225 tyres would rub on the wheel arch liners at full lock.

Here in the UK the favourite tyres seem to be the Michelin Pilot Sport and the Bridgestone S-03, see www.abbottracing.com However, you should be aware that what is sold as a Michelin Pilot Sport (for example) in the UK may be significantly different in terms of rubber compound etc, than a similarly named tire in Canada. You really need help from someone familiar with the actual tires sold in Canada.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Yup I ran 225s for a while on stock Aero wheels and there was minor rubbing on full lock- you couldn't hear it in the car though and it didn't really cause me a problem on the front.

However on the rear the 225s fouled (and wore) the mud flaps under suspension travel when fully laden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.