Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the 900 i was on about (in the 900 forum) has gone..
But I may have found a nice 9000, need some feedback please..
1996 model CSE 2L LPT 150 bhp?
Manual, all the toys I was looking for (ac, cruise, abs, leather etc etc)
It has 200k km (120k miles) all in good nick, but not sure about history forgot to look.
At a Saab dealer and he is going to fit a new clutch in the price.. 3500 euros (2300 pounds)

I need a car for the 750km run to and from work/home (I live in France and am working in Belgium at present)
Anything I should check for?
Any performance upgrades for sensible cash? or should I search out a full power??

·
Registered
865 Posts
ive got a 95 9000cse 2lt lpt 217,000mls.best car ive ever had,all the toys as you say, except the intercooler which yours will have,making your car very upgradable for not a lot of dosh,but drive it first you may be happy with it the way it is...............it aint no slouch.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It's well worth your while checking (for the sake of a phone call) as to the extent of the history.

The number of times I've heard people say "Go for a Saab with a FULL Saab History and you won't go far wrong". There are exceptions to the rule of course. Not every Saab without history is a lame dog though those stamps account for a lot.

At the end of the day the decision is yours. You pays your money you takes your pick!

The 2 litre LPT is quite upgradeable. From a non-slouch to Aero performance for not a lot of money.

HTH
Mally.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi

I Have a 9000 CDE automatic 1995 with 96000 miles and well looked after. I recently drove from Oxford (where I spend my summers) to Granada, Spain (where I live)and I had no trouble whatsoever. It is by far the best car I have ever had. I even prefer it to my Golf GTI.

I will be returning in June and then back again in September, after a service, of course. I believe that if you look after a saab then they will go on for ever (almost). 500.000 km (300.000 miles)at least, but you have to service it regularly.

Good luck.

Andy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers
I will check the service history when I am back there next week, its at a Saab dealer on the front, so I should imagine they wouldnt have kept it if it wasnt right (apart from the clutch)
They have had it some time I think.. so maybe that why they offered it to me for a good price..
I do all my own maint, but I could do alternate service so the book keeps its stamps... but I will prob run it into the ground anyway...

Any weak spots??

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
There's a comprehensive buying guide on BillJ's site, link at the bottom of this page.

I'd say the price is a little high though e.g. a friend at work was able to pick up a fully loaded MY96 3.0 auto for £1,800 recently from a delaer. I'd say 3,000 Euros was nearer the mark.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will see if I can get them to do a few jobs on it for the money.. it will have to go for test and registration in France ASAP.. I dont want to pay a local to sort it while I am not at home..

The other thing is the markets are a little different here on the mainland.. you would not belive the prices being asked for Citroen BX, Pug 205's etc...

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
If it's in good condition and from a Saab dealer, it doesn't sound too bad for the money. I bought a 1995 CSE 2.0 LPT manual for £1700 privately a couple of years ago at 138k miles. It was a little bit untidy, but runs very well. Clutch replacement is a big job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.