Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The check engine light came on briefly yesterday, now it flashes five times when the ignition is switched on, but the car seems to run fine. Two questions really, i) where is the connector for the code reading device? ii) Does anybody know of a reasonably priced decoder? (If the car is fitted with OBD-II then there is no problem, but I think that this is only USA models). I know that the real alternative is to visit my Saab dealer - but I like to do my own work when at all possible (sad but true)!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I visited the site, read and printed the page - ran off down the drive opened the bonnet...... I realised that the article refers to the LH Jetronic system but thought that there must be some similarities - NO. But that is one avenue less! Back to sqaure one? Where is the elusive connector for the reader? How can I read the codes (without giving my local dealer an unreal amount of cash!)
Anybody in the Manchester area got a reader?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The Townsend site prints the diagnostic Trionic procedues from the Saab manuals and although it gives wiring details and resistance/voltage values for many of the sensors etc. you can't fully diagnose a problem without an ISAT tool and a BOB.
Incidentally the connector is under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for the replies. I have conceded defeat and am boking in with a local dealer for a decode + reset. Not really defeat - it is not possibe to reset the box without the ISAT / TECH2 tool. The information links have been really useul though and I have to agree with wrighar, the links also suggested TPS problem, and measuring the things confirmed that things are not perfect in that area, but it will soon be sorted out.
The link http://216.78.173.190/Trionic/trionicpg1.htm leads to a mine of useful info (just type http://216.78.173.190 and you will be lead to the main menu page). As a Saab newbie (this is my first encounter) I have found out a lot of things. Once again, thanks for the replies

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to complete this thread - and for general info. I followed the links suggested and the other advice - hey presto - £30 later my Saab dealer said that it was the throttle postition sensor, ordered a new one (£45) which I will fit and reset the box. As I am new to Saab it was really a matter of reasuring myself that the analysis was correct. So basically I'm sorted - thanks for the help (though I'm sure I'll be back!!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts