Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, had a search but couldn't see the same problem.

Had a flat battery. Boost started and radio displays 'locked' and cruise control has stopped working.

Happened a few months back after the car had been sitting. Had to drive all the way to Spain with no radio or cruise but just before I ordered a double din cheap radio to slot in its place it started working perfectly one morning! It has been over a month this time and no such luck.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Unusual for the HU to lose pairing on the later 9-3 although quite a few of the older 9-5's show the problem and its attributed to a chip going bad in the HU.
Without Tech2 and no fault codes to work with(and assuming you now have a good battery)try pulling fuse 4 (end of dash)for a couple of minutes to see if it resets.
A lot of engine faults also disable cruise for safety reasons so that part may be totally seperate to the HU issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first time it happened I imagined the two faults to be unconnected but they both started working at the same time and then stopped at the same time again. Afraid I don't have access to Tech 2 as I am in Spain at the moment. Got a dodgy chines op-com but last time it showed no codes. I'll try the fuse trick - tried disconnecting the battery and fully charging but that didn't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts