Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm picking up my son at the ex's. He comes running out and leaves the garage door up. Nice me, I tell him to close it. "Can't. No power." Nice me again, I get out of the car, still idling, and go pull the release and close the door. I get back to the car in it's NOT idling.

Turn the key, turns over fine. Maybe all 4 cylinders fire once. Then crank, crank, crank.
Repeat about 100 times with maybe every 3rd attempt yeilding a few pops and the others just a dry crank until the voltage reads 10 amps. Time to give up.

I'm sitting in the middle of the evil ex's driveway mind you. So I had it towed post haste to the dealership nearby before she could return. It being 5PM on a Friday, they promise to look at it the next day. It's now almost 2PM Saturday and still no diagnosis.

What do y'all think? Am I in for an expensive fuel pump or could it be something simple?

HareBare

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Fuel pump sounds about right.

It might be the DI cartridge or possibly the crankshaft position sensor.

If you can smell unburnt fuel out of the exhaust whilst cranking over, then it's not the pump- another check is to loosen the clamp on the fuel hose to the regulator and see if any fuel leaks out during cranking.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.