Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay lets just say Im hungry for more power and with a child on the way, the 93 aero convert has to go in the next year, although not a problem.

With speedparts stage 1 fitted, I am very happy but I quess like most on this board, have become used to the extra power and hungry for more.

Im toying between the 03 95 aero and the new 93 aero. I much prefer the look of the new 93 but now want to get as much power out of a saab as I can, therefore thinking about the 95 aero given its bigger engine capacity.

I beleive that going with the abbott various upgrades you can exceed 300 hp. I am not new to this as I have done research on upgrades for my 93.

My question is, is there anybody out there that has a 02 / 03 95 aero which they have upgraded close to the 300hp mark?

many thanks

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Well the guys at Hirsch have done it ...

For tuning purposes I'd start with the 9-5, although the 9-3SS has (I'm told) the better chassis.

The 9-5's B235 engine has been around for years, in various forms, and people have been tuning it for almost as long. The 9-3SS's motor, on the other hand, is as yet unproven on the tuning front.

Plus the 9-5 is bigger and has a more upmarket feel to the interior (IMHO - Nomex firesuit on )

hth

James

·
Registered
265 Posts
Can I just make a couple of suggestions? Make sure to go for full leather in whichever car you chose as it is easier to clean baby sick off than from fabric

Secondly if you do go the 9-5 route you may want to consider the wagon as the rear load bay can double up as a fine picnic site and emergency nappy changing area, though not at the same time hopefully.

Anyway, best of luck on both "projects"!!!!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
having a 9-3 ss and had the chance of driving the 9-5 I would agree with leon... 9-5 all the way !!
they are still sorting out the 9-3... and the 9-5 has the better tuning potential imho

and leather seats are better for kidsick so don't go for the ventilated ones then....

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Originally posted by mushdaffer:
[qb]Okay lets just say Im hungry for more power and with a child on the way[/qb][/b]
Dont ask me how I know but a very large number of men have affairs during pregnancies,
Its a very good idea to have the affair with the new car instead................its all about triangular relationships

Oh and if you are gonna have a "car affair" make it a big one, go for the 9-5

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
We have a 9-3SS Vector and a 9-5 Aero. If it's got to be one, it's got to be the 9-5.

Apart from anything else, the 9-3 suspension is firm enough to keep any child shaken up and awake on any trip.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by James:
[qb]  The 9-3SS's motor, on the other hand, is as yet unproven on the tuning front.[/qb][/b]
The preceived wisdom is that the newer alloy 9-3 engines are not going to be able to take significant power increases witout requiring substantial internal strengthening work.

The best engine Saab ever built for tuning without further work is the B234 (the Swedish guys are getting 500hp plus out of a stock bottom end
). The B235 is almost as good.

I to have been in both, and although the 9-3ss is the better handling car, the 9-5 is bigger, more refined and more practical.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts