Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone,

My climate controls are acting up. AC compressor turning off unexpectedly, fan speed fluctuates erratically.
I live in Florida and need my AC to work all the time!
What's the brain that controls the climate control?
What part should I try to replace?

·
Registered
753 Posts
The brain of the ACC system is in the box of controls that sits above the stereo.

These have tendancy to fail and do erratic things as my 92 Saab did a couple of years ago.

It may be best taking it to someone who can do diagnostics on the system to isolate which poart is malfunctioning, ie. one of the sensors (not too expensive) or the Box itself (pricey).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sevenman,
I believe you are correct. About a year ago, the sunroof was left open during a downpour. I assume the electronics in the ACC control eventually gave out.
Where is the best place on the web for used SAAB parts?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Svose/.

To do a self diagnostic check on ACC, as per handbook, we push AUTO and bottom extreme right button, we all know that one...
However, there are other combination codes for other things. e.g. Last week, whenever I turned on the ignition, ACC switched to AUTO automatically.
Someone suggested pushing the top extreme right AND bottom extreme right buttons together, this cured it immediately, and is working a treat now..
Maybe someone knows of a list of combination button codes for your problem, or at least you could try one or two supplied combinations, and get lucky ??
Cheers,
Andy Bowles.
1994 CSE 9000 2.3T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts