Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw Elkparts has a stage one upgrade ECU which delivers up to 40bhp increase. Are there any other ECU upgrade options other than the elk parts. Im looking to increase the power of my 93 aero, 40hp would be plenty. Also what are your thoughts on this much of an increase on California 92 octane fuel. Thanks
Jimmy

·
Registered
548 Posts
Maptun can help you.

Given the California speed limits 99% of the time you will not be able to push an upgraded Aero that hard, so the Calif. fuel will be fine, it just ultimately lowers your final engine output.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I guess Arnie isn't cracking down on 3mph over the limit like the ______ nanny state we have been suffering under here in the UK...

OK, rant over.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Check out abbot racing - they offer a similar product plus a pile of various other nice things to give you added zip.

Website is www.abbottracing.com.

I've modified my 9000 through them. There's a lot of differing opinions out there on who does what the best and how much to pay - have a look at any number of older posts on this site and you should get a good idea of the debate.

Whatever you decide an ECU uodate isn't just about outright speed or power upgrades - possibly the best reason outside this is the improvement in useable power and delivering lots of instant overtaking grunt, right when it's needed the most.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So what makes you prefer non-abbott ECU upgrades?

I've just got my 93 (as in Bosch LH) 9000 LPT upgraded which seems very good (
) Fuel consumption is the same or better, and delivery is smoother than before. (Ok I had a knackered turbo!)

Cheers
George

·
Registered
258 Posts
George its largely opinions. Theres nothing wrong with an Abbott ecu or any of the other well known ones eg Maptun etc if you can try out a couple first before committing. The Abbott gave me what I was after and has been totally reliable in the intervening couple of years and I am sure those with Maptun and others will largely say the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts