Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having prev owned a 900i 16v and the 900 Turbo 8v some time ago, I am struggling to get used to this 93 2.2 TID (year 2000)
The car is beautifully styled and usual excellence inside, general town & motorway driving is fine, the problems start when ascending a moderate incline or of course overtaking. It's like driving a transit!
I understand there are 2 versions of the 2.2 diesel engines(?) and would be grateful for any info or advice on this model and whether I can boost it's performance in any way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 93 (2001) 2.2 diesel.It has a recurring fault that no-one seems to be able to rectify.In short the engine failure warning light comes on when changing into 3rd usually on a hill at 2500 revs. Boost is lost and it goes into limp mode. I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar problems and it they have, what is the solution. Look forward to your replies!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.