Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having prev owned a 900i 16v and the 900 Turbo 8v some time ago, I am struggling to get used to this 93 2.2 TID (year 2000)
The car is beautifully styled and usual excellence inside, general town & motorway driving is fine, the problems start when ascending a moderate incline or of course overtaking. It's like driving a transit!
I understand there are 2 versions of the 2.2 diesel engines(?) and would be grateful for any info or advice on this model and whether I can boost it's performance in any way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there

There were two TiD models (both 2.2 litre) that produced 115bhp and 125bhp respectively. You may have the 115bhp version.

Either way, you can improve the power output. Visit http://www.abbottracing.com/2003/index.htm where you will see their engine management system upgrade modules. Currently showing as £495.

There may be other systems.
Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 93 (2001) 2.2 diesel.It has a recurring fault that no-one seems to be able to rectify.In short the engine failure warning light comes on when changing into 3rd usually on a hill at 2500 revs. Boost is lost and it goes into limp mode. I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar problems and it they have, what is the solution. Look forward to your replies!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts