Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've had a starting issue with my 1.9TTiD ever since I bought it 2 years ago. It's 2008 model.
Basically it seems to occur when the car has been left for a few days. I'll go to start the car, wait for the glow plug light and then start it. It'll turn over at a normal speed just won't start. I do this 3 or 4 times and then give up. The strange thing is, when I come back to it around 10 minutes later it starts first time.
When it first happened I assumed it was the battery, got a new one and nothing changed of course. It happens maybe once every 3 weeks. Maybe more when it gets a bit colder during winter.
Glow plugs all measure 0.7 Ohms.
The other thing I've noticed is that the glow plug light on my dash never seems to be illuminated for a particularly long time... I was under the impression it was supposed to illuminate for 3 seconds at normal ambient temperature but even when it's dead cold it flashes on for about half a second at best.
When I've tried to measure voltage at the glow plug connectors I haven't been able to measure anything at all.
Any help or suggestions for debugging would be fantastic!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also mention that when this occurs, jump starting the car works instantly. So the whole thing is a bit strange :S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts