Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to install electrically adjustable seats directly into a vehicle that had standard heated but manually adjustable seats? Are all the connectors standard on the basic car?
Car is a 1995 model year 2litre CSE LPT

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi Alanhi,

Welcome to Saabscene .

It's quite possible that you will have the connector below the front seats, it's a small one with perhaps three wires in it max') alongside the heated seat connector (which is much larger, around eight wires including black, blue and yellow colours). If you run the seat right the way back you should be able to see them both, just.

Even if your car isn't prewired with the powered seat connector it isn't the end as you would only have to run power (positive and negative) to the seat. All the trick bits are done by the seat, there's nothing external to my knowledge.

Nick.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Yes, Welcome

AFAIK your car should be pre-wired, as Nick suggests. It's a two pin connector with fairly substantial black and red cables. This was part of the "standard" loom.

About the only major insurmountable difference I know of that does require a loom change is a conversion from manual AC to full ACC.

HTH

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
All the trick bits are done by the seat, there's nothing external to my knowledge.[/b]
Unfortunately there is the seat belt anchor point to the seat that is different. You will also need the seat belts from a car with electrically powered seats. Be careful swapping seat belts as they have a pre-tensioner device (explosive!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys and the welcome to the site.
Another question...

If the seats have the anchor point and belt receiver attached do I need to take the whole belt assembly from the donor car also, or will the existing belts clip into the seat belt points on the electric seats?

Alan

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Unfortunately you need the complete seat belt 'assembly' from the car with powered seats.

The seat belt is looped round the seat anchor point (a metal 'ring' that bolts to the seat) and then stitched together. Its the metal 'ring' that is different between powered and non-powered seats. The stiching together of the seat belt is very important - not something I'd want to cut and re-stich - but there maybe professionals out there who could do this. I just swapped the seat belt 'assembly' complete (means taking the B-pillar cover off and unbolting the seat belts)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.