Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this board, but I've owned my '97 CSE for two years, and taken it from 38k to 61k miles. I took it in for service, and Plaanet Saab here in San Francisco flushed the transmission, among other things, and suddenly it started leaking like crazy. Now they tell me it has to be replaced to the tune of about $3,200.

Wow, that's a lot of money. What gives? What should I do? Is this a good price? Will it happen again? What can I do to avoid it happening again?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
hi Jim, welcome to Saabscene..

This article perhaps goes a long way to explaining what happened ....its worth reading :

http://www.eng-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/le...id/78/qid/59789

My autobox has also recently failed... too much torque. My clutch pack has failed.

My best reliable quote has been circa 1900 dollars(/euros) for a complete strip down and refurbish of the box.. they will also strengthen the box to cope with the extra torque.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the links. I know I changed transmission fluid when I got the car, 22k miles ago.. And I wasn't experiencing any problems..

But it sounds like I'm up the creek. Oh well, from what I've seen, if I continue to take good care of the car with the new tranny, it'll drive for a good long time.

I love the car, just hate shelling out all that cash to fix it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.