Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Today after some extreamly heavy rain all night and morning, My car (9000 CSE FBT '96) seems to have acuired a nice sloshing water effect noise!
This was very soothing this morning whilst driving into work with a hangover but is now p*****g me off!
It sounds like the passanger door is full of water, every time i acclerate or brake it slosshes back and forth.
I think I might of heard of some mod for this?

Any Ideas ?

Cheers

Damian

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Damian

Are you sure its the door? I had something similar once before and it was the space between the false bulkead which has filled up with water after the central drain got blocked. I found out there was a problem when I exited the motorway on a sharp slip road and it dumped about 2 pints of water through the ACC and into the passenger foot well.

Steve

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stephen,

Not sure, not had a good look yet.
But by the sound of it the water seems to be traveling a fair distance.

As I said in first post, I think ive heard of a saab mod that replaces some thing on the exterior of the car that sorts out some problem with water drainage.

A bit vauge I know! But Im hoping someone else may have come across it before.

Ill have a look tomorow, that is if the car hasn't filled up with water by then!!

Cheers for the input

Damian

·
Registered
776 Posts
A few weeks ago, put car thru a full super-dooper car wash (dont make habit of it, usualy do by hand). And notcied next day that the foot well behind my seat was very wet. Stretched hand under back of my seat,struggled it under carpet and undelay, it was sodden. Has taken weeks to dry, still not perfect. Doors and windows were closed, so what could that be all about please, any suggestions, apart from hand washing ??
(94 CSE 9000 2.3T)
also, sorry cant help other points, as above problem was my first damp experience with mine ( oo'er missus).
Cheers, Andy

·
Registered
657 Posts
Do you have a sunroof?
If so, get some bendy wire (smooth ended) and push down through the drain holes you can find at the front of the sunroof cavity.
If your car has stood under trees, for example, these channels can block. The water cannot get away from the end of the drain and backs up until it can escape.
It is worth finding out also where the bottom end of the drain is, you can also poke that to clear it. Sorry, I don't know where it drains to.
Common problem on many cars.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This morning I had a look under the door / sills, I unblocked the drain hole closest to the engine (NS door) and a whole lot of water came out.
The question is how did it get there!
No I havent got a sunroof, quarryeff.
The water must be coming from the roof somewhere but where?
The search continues!

Damo

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same problem with my 9000SE of water gathering in the rear footwell and under the rear seat every time it rained. After a lot of clearing of drain holes and checking seals on the doors and sunroof I finally discovered the problem was caused by the seal around the rear light cluster. This allows water to drip in, run forward and gather at the lowest spot in the rear footwell. A new seal cured the problem completely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seem to have the same problem on my '93 CSE - anyone point me in the right directions of the bottom drainage holes as I don't want to start poking wires in places they shouldn't go and Haynes doesn't seem to give any advice on the subject

·
Registered
552 Posts
As far as I know, the doors were never meant to be watertight, and water certainly gets in through the window seal corners on mine.
It should exit through the short rectangular slots at the bottom of the doors -on my car, there are 3 slots on all but one door, which only has 2 (don't ask, it came out of the factory like that).
These are easy enough to degunge from underneath (not directly underneath ) - I use a plastic cable tie - these holes do clog up over the years.

There are two short drain pipes in the front wings, behind the wheel arch liner but these discharge all over the metal of the wing and the wheel arch itself - I've put an extension on mine to discharge to the ground.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My sunroof drain holes also clogged. Quik fix is a shot of compressed air(2 min. and no tools needed). Simply attach a hose that fits into the drain hole snuggly and give it a quick blast of air.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.