Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally the Carlsson kit has been painted and should be good to fit after giving the paint a couple of weeks to harden.

One slight problem I have is that I don't have the Carlsson drivers lights to fit inside the front bumper. So I've been contemplating removing the foglight aperture covers from the lower grille section, cutting out the lower grille and replacing the whole lot with some large gauge mesh (painted black so to be stealthy ). The idea being to increase the airflow to the lower part of the rad and intercooler.

My only worry is that by doing this, if I allow too much air into the engine bay might this cause turbulence leading to under tray vibration or even have a negative impact upon airflow over the rad/IC?

What thoughts gents?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm in the process of doing exactly the same but am meshing the light apatures and then the centre section separately. I don't think it'll have any detrimental effects, although I'm after as much air flow thru the front as possible. Excess power means excess heat in my case

1 - 2 of 2 Posts