Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just to find out how much can be done to upgrade a 9000aero auto yer i no its auto but i got no choice. so any idears i no the boxs are u/s iam thinking of a jt3" ex and a new stronger actouator. and hi mark i hope me has done this right

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
If the exhaust needs changing then a 3" downpipe isn't a bad choice.

Any mods to the engine that increase the amount of torque / power will, if used less than carefully, wreck the gearbox in short order. Even with the engine as standard, the gearbox is very close to its' limit and aggressive use of the throttle will lead to early failure. Gearboxes are very expensive to repair/ replace (£1200+) unless you get lucky and find a second hand box and can fit it yourself.

Having said all that a gentle upgrade could be fun
and if driven consideratly last for some while . Search the forums for referances to 'bleed valves' but don't overdo the extra boost. Use a graduated gauge to set it all up and keep the boost presure sensible.

Nick.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I think you will find that some of the tuning firms do different reprogramming of the ECU for autos. I think the idea is to increase the torque at high revs (where it usually drops off)rather than across the board. This provides a useful performance improvement without exceeding the autobox's design limit of 300Nm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts