Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all
any idears y the fans in the rear doors on my saab 9000aero run all the time even when u turn off ign or shut the acc of the fans still run for about 5min?? and do anybody no wear i can get some 4mm silicon vac hose

·
Registered
461 Posts
You can get the silicon hose from Demon Tweeks for about £8 for a 3 metre length that will be more than enough for the Aero. Make sure you ring them and talk to an assistant about it, rather than ordering on-line, because they sell colours not listed in the catalogue, and will post royal mail first class instead of courier if you ask them.

Carl

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks 4 info on vac hose me ringing demon tweeks in the morning sat as 4 the door blowers ive had 3 9000 and the fans never come on after switch off only when the acc turn them on

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Originally posted by scminks:
[qb]what are the hoses for anyway?    
 cheers
simon [/qb][/b]
The vacuum hoses take the pressure from the inlet manifold and distribute it to various sensors and the boost gauge on the instrument panel. One takes pressure to the fuel pressure regulator for instance, another to the 'dump' valve.
They deteriorate due to the heat/oils etc underbonnet and harden until eventually they crack or break off completely.
Depending on which breaks and where, various symptoms might occour, for instance lack of indicated vacuum on the gauge etc.

Nick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.