Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited Abbott Racing to upgrade my 9000 2.3 LPT (manual).

Great bunch of friendly people. More important than that the way the car now drives is totally awesome, its like a bigger engine has been fitted. So much more grunt, its hard to believe its only 40bhp and approx 55lb/ft/ Worse part though is the weather today, so havent really ben able to try it out properly.

I did manage to catch out a Golf R32 on a dual carriageway, despite manic wheelspin in 2nd gear !

Certainly a big thumbs up to Abbott and thanks to all that steered me in that direction.

Now just waiting for a nice dry day!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had an upgrade chip fitted, an sports filter and the apc valve, total damage was £499.00

Certainly well worth it in my opinion, I still cant believe the performance difference, the car has really come alive, nigh on instant throttle response.

Wheelspin is the only problem to contend with now in the wet !, both 1st and 2nd gear being nigh on useless with a heavy right foot, Even with new tyres all round.

I am pretty sure a wheel and tyre combo will be the next upgrade as mine is still running 195/65/15.

In terms of engine performance what should I do next ?

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.