Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Air leak somewhere? Inlet manifold gasket perhaps. Rubber vacuum hose split somewhere. Is one-way valve (plastic white/black thing) for venting valve cover OK? Poor connection to air-mass meter. Timing set correctly when you changed chain, did you rotate engine a few times to check sprokets and flywheel marks all lined up? Usual problem with poor idling is the AIC valve, this controls amount of air by-passing throttle plate at idle, worth cleaning it.
Can you give a more detailed description of the problem, how often, hot or cold engine, when more electrical load on the engine etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Adrian for trying to help,have not tried any of your suggestions yet,engine will now tick over, but appears to judder on and off,with slight vibration as if a mounting is loose,this seems to come and go but only when ticking over, when in drive (automatic) engine sounds great, and car drives very well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got exactly the same bus. Likewise - my judders sometimes (more noticeable at low revs). I reckon it's the DI cartidge failing - one of the coils breaking down. Perhaps have that off (4x 10mm bolts!) and clean them out. Other than that, it's a new one... assuming I'm right.

I'll let you know how I get on with mine...

Phil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.