Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the last Steam and spares day, one of the sellers had parts of a "9000 T16" bodykit. This kit is quite different from the Carlsson bodykit as it supplies plastic mouldings which cover the door panels in much the same way as those seen on the 900 T16S. I've only ever once seen one fitted to a car and that was on a 9000S non-turbo.

Perhaps this was a dealer supplied option which didn't take off. Does anyone have any more information and/or pictures of a car fitted with this kit? I just thought it would be nice to gather some information about this as it's obviously quite a rariety.

TIA

Jase.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reckon you've hit the bullseye. IIRC the kit I saw on the 9000S and the bits at Steam and spares had the Saab logo embossed onto the kit on the part that forms part of the front wheel arch. Which that appears to have. The front bumper looks a bit odd though, I'm pretty sure the front bumper was the same as the early Carlsson kit (Flat headlamp type).

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by MarkA:
[qb]the .hu prefix is the internet prefix for Hungry.
[/qb][/b]
C'mon MarkA, you're in IT, and you know that the .hu TLD is a suffix as it comes after, not before

...but certainly, the number/digit combination is consistent with Swedish plates, and there is a picturesque lake in the background. Swedish plates are not normally metal, though

[Are we taking this too seriously?
]

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Originally posted by MarkA:
[qb]iirc thats a swedish registration plate. [/qb][/b]
There are three European countries that do a number plate in that style: Sweden, Finland and Hungary.

Finland and Hungary have a small dot or hyphen between the letters and numbers and Hungarian ones should also have a national flag and "H" on the left.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by sgould:
[qb]
There are three European countries that do a number plate in that style: Sweden, Finland and Hungary.
[/qb][/quote]

What about Belgian plates? (but in red)
Perhaps registration plates is a whole different topic

·
Registered
192 Posts
Originally posted by Jason /I'm pretty sure the front bumper was the same as the early Carlsson kit (Flat headlamp type).

I don't believe the early - or late for that matter - had the airscoops each side of the spots.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I've seen that car before. I believe he took the base car and did most of the stuff himself, it's not very pretty if you ask me. he should have left it as it was. The base kit looks very much like it was originally a 9000 T16 "Airflow" kit.

I guess that these kits were probably more common in Sweden, hence they've only appeared on a handful of UK cars. Shame, it was a nice kit although the later Carlsson/Talladega kit is probably better suited to the 9000.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts