Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi -

i'm the proud new owner of a 93 9000 CSE, and the car's outside thermometer reads about 10 dgs to high. the blower fan on the radiator kicks on at the right time, but i sense that the car is running hot - or that the outside thermometer is malfunctioning. any suggestions?

-gbc

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sounds like the sender unit has come out of its mounting bracket and is wedged near the radiator - the same thing happened to me when I first got my Aero. Mine is located behind the fins on the near side of the front spoiler and I was able to squeeze my fingers in and pop it back into its bracket - not sure if it's the same on your car.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
The thermometer does tend to read high when the car is stationary owing to it's proximity to the engine compartment. Once moving though, there's enough ambient air flow over it.

If the display reads high when you first get in the car and it hasn't been in direct sunlight, it may be that the display needs calibrating- this can be performed with either ISAT or preferrably Tech 2 diagnostic tools.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by gbc:
[qb]hi -

i'm the proud new owner of a 93 9000 CSE, and the car's outside thermometer reads about 10 dgs to high.  the blower fan on the radiator kicks on at the right time, but i sense that the car is running hot - or that the outside thermometer is malfunctioning.  any suggestions?

-gbc [/qb][/b]
I've got exactly the same problem for some time. It overstates the actual ambient temp. by at least 5 degree C even when cruising on the highway. When the car was new, it only did so during idling, stop-start traffic when presuambly the heat accumulated in the engine bay couldn't dissipate as quickly as on highway.

I'll be worried if reading from this faulty temp. sensor is also fed to the Trionic. But apparently a different intake air temp. sensor is rensponsible for this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.