Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally managed to put aside enough spare dough to cover my intended suspension upgrades.

I'd pretty much set my heart on getting some Eibach springs from TSL but I found out that they've now used up all their stocks and Eibach have deleted the part for the 9000. I can't really afford Abbott prices and I know I can get Koni's cheaper elsewhere. However, I don't know which springs will match best with them, I know JezF had problems with the PI springs.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I don't know much about the 9000, but hopefully some one will chime in and help you out. Personaly, I got H&R springs for my 9-3 from the ChipCenter in Sweden. The cost was just 220 Euros including shipping to Germany. The H&Rs are a great combo with the Konis on my 9-3. They are a tad stiff, but the road control/handling is awesome.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I'm not keen on going for anything overtly stiff as the roads around here are pretty ropey in some places. Lots of sucken drain covers and undulating tarmac! So I need a fair compromise, lower the centre of gravity of course but retain enough damping to keep things comfortable and prevent the car from being shaken to death.

Cotemplating the latter has certainly cooled my ideas of putting poly bushes everywhere.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm also really happy with the yellow Koni - H&R combo on my gm900 As "blue99turbo" said they are a bit stiff, not disturbingly though, but the handling is superb

I got the springs from Speedparts and as Sweden is our neighbour the shipping cost wasn't that much. The Konis are bought here in Finland..

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Jason, I wonder if you could butter up Ed at Abbott if you say that you are on a shoestring - might be worth a go as they have cut some prices recently. Otherwise, PIs may still work, but they certainly did not with my Aero - Motorsportworld were very good about the refund and I paid just $450 for Koins/PIs inc postage. Mark E has been happy with his, so why don't you try them? Oh, for ref, I hear very good things about HR springs.

I still wonder about Bilsteins as they are damned good value from ECP.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to try and get hold of some H&R's (if you can still get them for the 9K) otherwise I will consider the PI's. I'd be concerned after the problems you had .. remember the CD has more overhang at the rear than the CS, therefore more compression on the springs.

I see what you mean about the Bilsteins, the complete kit costs the same as the Koni's alone. But I know people say that the Bilsteins are pretty stiff.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Abbott have been hacking at the price of their suspension parts in the last couple of months (going by their ads in the last 2 SOC mags). Might be worth an email to find out just how low they will go with a package deal.

BTW did anyone go for those (used??) 9000 Aero springs they had on offer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts