Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been going nuts trying to find a kit that will not only fit right but look right a clean look, problem is i dont even find one that does not look good forsale that is i have pics that are beautiful and the guy who posted the pics said they were only availibale in europe or canada. so what? there is a thing called shipping, but i cant find the manufacturer so any help with this i would like thank jess

[edited to remove non relevant and unacceptable "glamour" picture]

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I've not been impressed by any of the aftermarket ground effect kits I've seen up to this point, but those you mention there are better than the usual efforts.

Still, it would look better if it's chin wasn't dragging on the floor, i.e. shorten the front spoiler by 15mm or so!! But if I were you I'd wait until I saw a REALLY good kit that doesn't overly detract from the 9000CS's natural presence. But the way of the Saabist is to improve whats going on under the skin before altering the cars outward appearance.

In summary

stock "looking" car with 350bhp and fully sorted suspension =

Stock (or near-stock) car in an after-market bodykit =

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb]Looking at the pics, I reckon they're generic kits and DTM splitters that have been used by folk with some bodywork skills, rather than model specific items. [/qb][/b]
I'd tend to agree, I know the black one had a uses a Mitsu EVO V spolier. That one looks waaaaaaaay too front heavy in my opinion.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Julian:
[qb]The top picture is a Photoshop job. [/qb][/b]
Darn! You beat me to it. It's a well-known fake. The original is kicking around the net too and it's a standard-looking Aero. Much nicer than the photoshop job too.

The others all look like custom jobs. I have seen a few body kits available for the CC shape, but not the CS. A few people have asked but none has said they've found them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts