Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Off Side Headlight Wiper doesn't work. When I investigated I found the plug was disconnected. When I connected it up the wiper worked okay but the water jet pump wouldn't switch off. Any suggestions to what may be causing this? Is there a wiring diagram someone can e-mail to me? Many Thanks & Best Regards.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Jim,

I thjink that this is a fairly common fault when the motor dies/shorts internally.

The quick fix that I know 2 or 3 people have done (including Neil P from another saab mailing list) is to remove the plug from the ack of the motor.

I'm sure others will be able to enlighted us further.

Andrew

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Sounds like the internal diode has shorted. It is possible to fit a new one in series with it. See here for details. The mechanicals might be different if your car is the old-shape front (can't remember when the CD front changed), but the electrical part should be similar.

If the supply part of the loom (wired into the car) is more accessible than the motor end, it might be possible to put a diode in there instead and not have to remove the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.