Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there are 1 or 2 fuel pumps in a 1994 9000CSE 2.0 non turbo?
I believe some cars have a feed pump and a main pump.
I have a fuel problem but have not diagnosed if it is the pump yet, if there are 2 pumps do they both need replacing?

Any info appreciated

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a 1993 cse and had a problem with a fuel leak, which turned out to be a tiny split in the plastic fuel pipe right at the pump, I cut off 4ins of plastic and relaced it with a piece of rubber.As far as I know, there is only 1 fuel pump on a 2 ltr.

·
Registered
330 Posts
IIRC,they stopped putting two pumps in the 9k in 89/90 anything after that should run a single walbro pump which sits in the sender unit/pump asm.
I dont think its aval.from a dealer as a seperate part,but is aval. in the after market.
There were two diameter of outlets tho (6mm/8mm)so you will have to check that out first.
Hope this helps
G.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm talking about the actual electric pump(s) inside not the casing where the pipes enter.

Thanks for the info anyway sounds like there is only one from Gilbert's experiences, need to investigate further whether power is reaching the pump when the fault occurs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.