Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 9000 2.3 eco & it's developed an annoying fault. Under hard , or reasonably hard, accelaration , the engine kicks, or misses for a fraction of a second .Seems to be between 2500 & 3000 rpm. It doesn't happen under gentle accelaration & otherwise runs fine.

I've had problems with the Direct ignition cartridge before but that tended to cut the engine completely.

The DI cartridge is only 3 years old & the car has done 63000 miles .

Any thoughts? - Could it be a cunning plan by my better half to cut down on fuel consumption?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Further to my problem - It turned out that the pipe that feeds pressurised air from the turbo to the wastegate had a hole in it. This was stopping the wastegate from opening, heaps of accelaration
, followed by no accelaration at all as the fuel cut off switch was activated. New pipe fitted , problem fixed , car now feels as flat as a [expletive deleted].

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
A belated welcome from me too...

Now you've found the problem, it's probably worth disconnecting the battery overnight and then performing an adpatation run, as per instructions here:
BillJ's Saab 9000 site

I say this as because Trionic is adaptive, it will have registered the overboost and tried to compensate for it by re-mapping. The limit at which it comes in also gets progressively lower.

HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts