Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 1998 9000 cse 2.3L turbo. there was base boost, brought to local mechanic and it got better than back to normal. brought to dealership and they charged $59 including the part to replace the rusted off actuator arm. anyways, now when you hit the turbo it shutters or shakes. i think the local mechanic adjusted the wastegate on it and now its off. how do I adjust the wastegate?

·
Registered
368 Posts
hi
sounds like poss over boost? to ajust the waste gate its in to raise boost out to reduce u need a gauge to set basic boost or u be blowing in the wind. thers a page on bills 9000 site that gives good advice and pictures on how to do this and what u need. u can get to it vie this site hope this helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so does it sound like there is too much boost or not enough boost? I am thinking not enough boost but I have no clue. I found out how to adjust it so I am wondering. I would do it like I time a car. move it, try it, move it some more, etc. thats how I do timing, move the distributor, do it by ear, then run it, improvise as needed. oh well, I will try it out.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I think it's more likely that your DI cassette is failing if I understand you correctly that you are saying that you get hesitation/misfire when you try to accelerate and boost rises. Diagnosis is to swap it for a known good one.

There's a procedure for cleaning/servicing it here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.